Thursday, December 6, 2012

Millonarios vs. MANchester



This chapter was a total chaos. I will not imagine myself in that situation. While reading I continued to ask myself “why would someone make all that scarify only to write a book about this hooligans?” I admire Buford’s willpower. He has no commodities at all. The fact of traveling with this unknown people freaks me out. The perfect example that I can associate with is I traveling with Millonarios fans. First of all everyone drunk pushing me, second things getting out of control, and third, I don’t know why, some disgusting odor disturbing my nostrils.



Well, I have to get used to this idea because if I’m wiling to travel after I graduate through all Europe I should assimilate this idea. However, I have something very clear in my mind, I will definitely go with another travel agency, not with the Bobby Boss.

Buford’s confusion is very clear when he is describing the British consul named Mr. Wicks, “What do you do, I wondered, when your instinct is telling you to arrest everyone, and your sense of justice is telling that you cant, and your mind, thoroughly confused, is telling you to smile a lot” (41). The fact of using the word confusion, makes it clear for the reader to understand Wicks position. Buford’s active thinking also gives us an idea of the situation. What a mess. When they got out of the airplane I really had no idea what was happening, why were there so many policemen and cars around them? Is that all part of the logistic agency Buford is traveling with? (That was sarcastic if you didn’t notice.)

I have one thing very clear in my mind, when alcohol is involved in something, things will end up in a total disaster. After having 257 drunken boys around you things will not end up right.  Especially when the person in charge of this trip is, according to Buford, “an attractive chirpy woman” (40). Wow I continue to ask my self why is Buford sacrificing all his dignity traveling with this crazy people.

You must have an incredible passion on this topic Buford!

I guess something exciting will happen, because all this sacrifice must be worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment